Commercial Door-to-Door Solicitation is Unlawful in Cherry Hills Village at All Times
Commercial Door-to-Door Solicitation means the act of going in or upon private properties or private residences without the consent of the owners or occupants for the purpose of advertising, offering, promoting, selling, explaining, or soliciting the sale, rental, lease or other form of conveyance or transfer of any product, goods, wares, merchandise or services.
When Door-to-Door Solicitation is Permitted
Door-to-Door Solicitation is permitted in Cherry Hills Village with the following restrictions:
- It is unlawful for any person to solicit before 9 a.m. and after the earlier of sunset or 8 p.m.
- It is unlawful for any person to solicit at a private residence where it is displayed at the primary entrance of the residence a sign reading, "No Solicitation," in legible print not smaller than one and one-half inches in height.
- Door-to-Door Solicitation includes:
- The solicitation or acceptance of donations incidental to and associated with the discussion, advocacy, explanation, or promotion of ideas or beliefs of a non-commercial nature.
- The distribution of printed materials at the primary entrance of a residence without attempting to personally contact the owner or occupant.
Persons conducting Door-to-Door solicitation in Cherry Hills Village do not need to register with the Police Department, but must adhere to the aforementioned rules. If you witness a violation to the Door-to-Door Solicitation Law, please immediately contact the police department.