2023 Spring Clean-up
The 2023 Community Spring Clean-up event is scheduled for Saturday, May 20th from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Public Works Facility at 2101 W Quincy Avenue, Sheridan, CO.
- When: Saturday, May 20th 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Where: Public Works Facility at 2101 W Quincy Avenue
This program is for residents only and City staff will be checking ID's. Please be prepared to show your driver’s license with a Cherry Hills Village address. City Staff will be available to help unload acceptable items on May 20th. If you have any questions regarding this event, or for religious reasons you would like to arrange an early drop-off on Friday, please call (303) 783-2744.
Acceptable Items for drop-off:
- Tree branches and yard debris (no more than two pickup/trailer loads per household)
- Car batteries (provided they are not leaking)
- Consumer electronics (laptops, desktops, monitors, microwaves, cell phones, printers, gaming systems, CD/DVD players, fax machines and scanners)
- Flat screen televisions up to 48”
- Paint products (oil based paint, latex paint)
- Batteries (AA, AAA, C, D and rechargeable)
- Fluorescent light bulbs (compact fluorescent lamps (CFL) and straight fluorescent tubes) and lamp fixtures
- Trash, including bulky items, and furniture
- Scrap metal
Items that will NOT be accepted
- Large appliances (refrigerators, washers, dryers, vacuums, etc.)
- Hazardous materials/chemicals (i.e. liquid mercury, leaking or empty containers, unknown or unlabeled materials and radioactive items)
- CRT (tube or projection) televisions
- Biological waste
- Commercial or business supplies
- Incandescent light bulbs
- Ammunition and explosives
- Construction-related materials
- Medicines and prescriptions
- Smoke detectors and items improperly packaged for transportation
Other Hazardous Household Chemicals
The City currently contracts with Waste Management Curbside for "At Your Door" recycling. You must be a Cherry Hills Village resident and there is a $20 copay for a maximum 1-bag pickup (bag holds 10 gallons). Residents can call 1-800-449-7587 and provide a list of items to be collected. WM Curbside will process payment, send a kit that includes the bag, and they will provide a date and time for the pickup.