Before June 2003 the Highline Canal Trail was the only place in Cherry Hills Village where dogs were required to be leashed. In June 2003, the Cherry Hills City Council adopted a leash law for the entire city (7-5-330
). The law requires a dog to be leashed at all times when off its own property. Your dog must be physically controlled by you. Remember, it is also picking up after your dog is also the law (7-5-210
). Doggie bag stations have been placed throughout the City for your convenience.
Where can I walk my dog off leash?
- Berkeley Park at 46th Ave and W. Tennyson St.
- Fuller Park at Gilpin St. and E. 28th Ave
- Green Valley Ranch East Park at Jebel St. and 45th Ave.
- Barnum Park at Federal Blvd and West Fifth Avenue
- Kennedy Park at S. Havana St. and E. Hampden Ave.
- Englewood Canine Corral (4848 S. Windermere - on the west side of Belleview Park)
- Centennial Park at 4630 S. Decatur
- Duncan Park at 4880 S. Pennsylvania
- Jason Park at 4299 S. Jason St.
- NW Greenbelt at Vasar and Tejon
- Cherry Creek State Park at Orchard and Parker Rd.
- Dog Park west of Quincy Reservoir, just east of Pitkin Street
- Chatfield State Park, C-470 and Wadsworth Blvd.
For more information on dog parks in the Metro area, go to http://www.dogpark.com.
We hope you will enjoy our beautiful city.