November 2018 Municipal Election
View initial election results at www.arapahoevotes.com. Please note that Arapahoe County is still counting provisional and overseas ballots, so numbers may still change.
The City of Cherry Hills Village held its regular municipal election as a coordinated election with Arapahoe County on Tuesday November 6, 2018.
Campaign Finance Forms:
- Campaign Finance Forms - Stewart (PDF)
- Campaign Finance Forms - Christman (PDF)
- Campaign Finance Forms - Safavi (PDF)
- Campaign Finance Forms - Hoellen (PDF)
- Campaign Finance Forms - Gallagher (PDF)
- Campaign Finance Forms - Bishop (PDF)
- Campaign Finance Forms - Brown (PDF)
- Campaign Finance Forms - Charge 2018 (PDF)
- At least 21 years old
- Citizen of the United States
- Resident of Cherry Hills Village for at least 12 consecutive months preceding the date of the election
- Registered elector
- Resident of the district the candidate wants to represent. Any person elected to office must continue to live within the district for which he or she was elected throughout the term of office. The mayor need only continue to live within the city. View the Council District Map (PDF).
November 2018 Election Timeline
|August 7, 2018||First day candidate nomination petitions may be circulated;|
Candidate Information Session
|August 27, 2018||Candidate nomination petitions are due to the City Clerk by 4:30 p.m.|
|August 31, 2018||Last day nomination petitions may be amended;|
Last day for a candidate to withdraw;
Last day an Affidavit of Intent for Write-In Candidate may be filed with the City Clerk
|September 4, 2018||Draw lots for candidate order on ballot;|
Last regular Council meeting to add ballot issues or measures;
Last regular Council meeting to cancel the election
|October 15, 2018||Ballots mailed to all registered voters;|
Ballot drop-off locations and Voter Service Centers open
|November 6, 2018||ELECTION DAY|
|January 15, 2019||Organizational Meeting – Newly elected officials are sworn in and take office|
The Cherry Hills Village City Council includes a Mayor and 6 Council members, one from each of the City's six Council districts (PDF). All positions are elected at-large, meaning all registered electors in the City may vote for one candidate for each of the positions on the ballot.
The City conducts its regular municipal election every two years, in even-numbered years, on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November. The City coordinates with Arapahoe County for regular elections. Cherry Hills Village has staggered terms at which time residents have the opportunity to vote for either the Mayor and Districts 1, 3, and 5 or the Mayor and Districts 2, 4, and 6, dependent on the election year.
Term Starts & Limits
The person elected as Mayor will serve two-year terms of office. Each Mayor is limited to three consecutive terms. The persons elected as Council members will serve four-year terms of office. Each Council member is limited to two consecutive terms. The term commences at an organizational meeting held during the first Council meeting in January following the election. All municipal elections are nonpartisan and nomination is accomplished by petition.