- City Departments
- Animal Control
- Dog Licensing
Municipal Code Regarding Dogs
The Cherry Hills Village Municipal Code requires every resident, that owns a dog six (6) months of age or older, to obtain a City dog license annually (City Code 7-5-310). Licenses are valid for the calendar year and must be renewed annually. There is a two month grace period at the beginning of each year.
Dogs are required to wear the license any time they are off of their own property. A rabies vaccination is required to obtain a dog license. A dog license can be obtained online or in person. To obtain a license for your dog please follow the instructions below.
If you have any questions, please contact the city offices at 303-789-2541 or Animal Control. Also, feel free to send any questions you have about dog licenses via email to Dog Licensing at Cherry Hills Village.
Dog licenses cost $10 for each dog over 6 months of age per year.
Benefits of Dog Licensing
- Reunites lost dogs with their owners
- Helps animal control officers regulate dangerous dogs
- Encourages dog owners to vaccinate their dogs against rabies
- Helps local animal shelters locate dog owners
Register & Pay Online
To license your dog online, please go to the Cherry Hills Village Dog Licensing web page.
Register in Person
If you would rather obtain a dog license in person, then please visit the Animal Control Office during business hours.
Animal Control Office
2460 E Quincy Avenue
Cherry Hills Village, CO 80113
- Your completed application (PDF)
- $10 for each dog, payable by cash, credit card, check, or money order payable to the City of Cherry Hills Village