Compassion & Responsible Pet Ownership
The Cherry Hills Village Animal Control Division's goal is to promote and protect the health, safety, and welfare of people and pets. Our philosophy is to promote responsible pet ownership, compassion toward animals, and safe human-animal interactions.
Animal control responds to a variety of citizen requests for service and enforces all of the City Codes regarding animals.
- Aggressive / dangerous dog complaints
- Barking dog complaints
- Calls regarding injured or sick animals
- Dead animal removal from public property
- Dog bites
- Dog licensing
- Investigating animal neglect / cruelty
- Leash law enforcement
- Loose dogs
- Wildlife concerns
Important Contact Information
If you have a lost or found pet, please contact the Cherry Hills Police Department at 303-761-8711. The Animal Control Officer's hours vary, but Police Officers can respond to emergency calls after hours. If you have any other animal related questions, please contact the Cherry Hills Police Department at 303-761-8711.
Common Animal Code Violations
Please take a moment to review the common animal code violations to make sure that your activities are not in violation. Municipal summons are issued for violations. You can view these regulations in chapter 7, article 5 of the Municipal Code.
- Aggressive Dogs - Section 7-5-340(b)
- Barking Dogs - Section 7-5-340(a)
- Dog at Large - Section 7-5-330
- Dog off Leash - Section 7-5-330
- Dog Licensing - Section 7-5-310